Have you been tossing and turning at night? Are you having a difficult time falling asleep? Do you often wake up with aches and pains to your back, neck and shoulders? If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, it may be time to invest in a new mattress. Have you had your mattress for quite some time? They say the average lifespan of a mattress is seven to ten years. If your mattress has any imperfections such as lumps or indentations, this could also be a reason you may want to treat yourself to a new, comfy mattress.
Buying a new mattress can be a daunting task. With so many options, it can be difficult to figure out which mattress is best for you and your partner. At America's Mattress, we want to help you find the right fit, comfort and support you're looking for in a new bed. Whether it's an innerspring, foam, individually wrapped coils, the iComfort, or an adjustable mattress, we are confident we have the right mattress for you. Let us help you get more from your sleep, and wake up everyday feeling well rested.
Below, are 5 tips for you to consider when buying a new mattress:
1. Set a budget. You can do some research online, so you can have a better understanding of what to expect when you enter into the store. Be sure to review your personal budget to figure out exactly how much you want to spend on a mattress. It's important to set your budget on the higher side, because cheaper isn't always the way to go. Keep in mind that you'll be sleeping on this mattress on average, seven to nine hours a night for multiple years, so be sure to take your time researching which mattress you think will be best.
2. Seek out sales. Buying a mattress on sale can sometimes save you hundreds of dollars. Many mattress stores and manufactures typically have sales on holidays and special occasions. We are currently offering a "20 Sets For $599," in-store promotion (mattress and matching box spring) and we have many models in-stock for fast delivery. We've got a variety of different styles for you to choose from. Stop by our showroom today and test one out for yourself.
3. Give the mattress a test. You spend one-third of your life sleeping, so it's wise to choose a mattress that you'll love. We suggest that you stop in our store and test out each mattress that you are interested in. Fifteen to twenty minutes is usually enough time for you to kick your shoes off, lie down, and test out what sleeping positions work for you. Buyers should lie down for five minutes on each side, as well as five minutes on both your back and stomach, so you can test out the maximum comfort.
4. Look for the comfort guarantee. Many mattress retailers offer policies, where you can purchase the mattress, take it home for a certain amount of time, and if you are not satisfied with it, you can return it to the store and buy another. This is sometimes called a "comfort guarantee" or something of a similar name, and is typically free, however, some stores do charge a fee.
5. Leave the tag on. In the case you need to fill out a warranty claim, do not remove the label that is sewn into the mattress. Removing the tag could lead to problems down the road. The tags are important because they contain information on the mattress, including the warranty number, filling description (goose down, polyester, cotton, etc.) and details on the flame retardancy. Serta mattress require that you must have the tag in place in order for your claim to be processed. So, just to be safe, leave the warranty tag on!
We hope that these tips for buying a new mattress are of use to you. If you have any questions on any of our make and models, please stop by our showroom. Good luck shopping for your new mattress!