America’s Mattress Wake Up America! Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
- SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: The America’s Mattress Wake Up America! Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and ends on Friday, July 17, 2020 at 11:59:59 m. Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time ("HST") (“Entry Period”). The Sponsor’s designated server will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
- SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTOR: Capitol Marketing Concepts, 696 1st Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL 33701 (the “Administrator”) shall conduct the Sweepstakes on behalf of Serta Simmons Bedding, 2451 Industry Avenue, Doraville, GA 30360 (the “Sponsor”) in accordance with these Official Rules.
- ACCEPTANCE OF RULES: Each person who submits an entry in the Sweepstakes (“Entrant”), unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or the Administrator, whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects
- ELIGIBILITY: Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, franchisees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, their advertising, PR, and promotional agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to participate. Eligibility is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- HOW TO ENTER:
- In-Person: visit a participating America’s Mattress location and complete the in-store sleep quiz with the store sales associate.
- Online: visit the website of a participating America’s Mattress location and take their online sleep quiz.
- ENTRY LIMITATION: Limit of one (1) entry per household. In the event more than one (1) entry is received from any one household, the first entry processed will be considered the only valid entry received. Any attempt by any Entrant to enter more than once by using multiple/different identities, registrations, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor the Administrator is responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible, or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified.
- GRAND-PRIZE WINNER DETERMINATION: At the end of the Entry Period, Administrator will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The Administrator will attempt to notify the potential winner via email with three (3) business days of the drawing. If the potential winner does not respond to such email within three (3) business days, the Administrator may select an alternate potential winner at random from the remaining non-winning eligible entries. Administrator and Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize winning notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential prize winner for any reason.
- SECOND-PLACE PRIZE WINNER DETERMINATION: At the end of the Entry Period, Administrator will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received for the local America’s Mattress business. The local America’s Mattress business can be identified by the URI-stub of the entry form – for instance, www.americasmattress.com/URISTUB. The Administrator will attempt to notify the potential winner via email with three (3) business days of the drawing. If the potential winner does not respond to such email within three (3) business days, the Administrator may select an alternate potential winner at random from the remaining non-winning eligible entries. Administrator and Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize winning notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential prize winner for any reason.
- ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period.
- Grand Prize (1): One Grand Prize winner will be awarded Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000) in the form of a Visa gift card(s).
- Second Prize (1): One local Second Prize winner will receive one (1) "mattress makeover" bundle containing one queen mattress and box spring, a queen-size sheet set, two pillows, and a mattress protector (with a combined retail value of $1,000).
Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, and no substitutions will be made except as provided herein, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event the prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable local, state, and/or federal taxes and fees. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded.
All expenses and costs associated with prize acceptance and use not expressly stated in the prize description provided herein are the sole responsibility of winner. All taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
Prize will be awarded only if the prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to deny portions of the prize to Winner, with no further compensation, if Winner engages in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from remaining eligible entries.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Conduct of the Sweepstakes is under the supervision of the Prize winner shall be required to verify name and complete address and to execute before a notary public and return within five (5) business days an affidavit of eligibility/ W-9 taxpayer identification form and liability/publicity release covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity unless prohibited by law. Prize shall not be awarded until all such properly executed forms are returned.
AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF A PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ADMINISTRATOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE/ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS: Acceptance of any prize constitutes prize winner's permission for the Promotion Entities to use prize winner's name and photograph, (collectively, the "Attributes"), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Promotion Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Administrator and Sponsor reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to disparage, annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by No incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted.
- SEVERABILITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
Sponsor, Administrator, and the Promotion Entities, are not responsible for, and Entrant hereby releases Sponsor, Administrator, and the Promotion Entities from any claims arising from: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to Entrant's computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and (vi) use of any prize.
Sponsor and Administrator further reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or modify this promotion if not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, technical corruption, non-authorized human intervention or force majeure. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to select a winner from among all eligible entries received prior to date of cancellation. The use of automated entry systems or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. In the event of a dispute regarding online entry, entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of an established e-mail account associated with the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of the State of Georgia and Entrant hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts and waives any objection it might have based upon improper venue or inconvenient forum; and (2) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia.
- WINNER’S LIST: To obtain the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: America’s Mattress Wake Up America Sweepstakes c/o Capitol Marketing Concepts, 696 1st Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL 33701. Winners list will be available after July 31, 2020. All such requests must be received by August 15, 2020.
Take the Online Sleep Quiz!